5 ON THE FARM – EVENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
“Channel 5” means Channel 5 Broadcasting Limited and its affiliates
“Event” means 5 on the Farm
“Promoter” or “Us” means Ghostwriter Consultancy & Events Limited
“Terms and Conditions” means these terms and conditions
“Venue” means Cannon Hall Farm, surrounding fields and event areas including car parks
“Ticket” means any ticket or wristband that is valid for admission to the Event or any wristband for which You have exchanged Your ticket for at the Event.
“You” means you as the purchaser or holder of the Ticket and “Your” shall be read accordingly.
- These Terms and Conditions should be read in accordance with the terms and conditions of the authorised ticket agent from which You purchased Your Ticket. In the event of any differences between these Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant authorised ticket agent, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change from time to time without notice.
- All advertised times are approximate and subject to change. It is Your responsibility to make appropriate arrangements to ensure that You arrive at the Venue in sufficient time in case the Event or performance starts early, and to ensure that You are able to stay until the close of the Event or performance (should You wish to) if it overruns. We will not be responsible to make any refund or meet the costs of any alternative travel arrangements or for any loss of enjoyment or other indirect loss as a result of an Event or performance not running to the precise advertised times.
- The Event is subject to licence and capacity.
- The Event may include live music – Warning – Prolonged exposure to loud noise may cause damage to Your hearing.
- The Event may feature the use of stroboscopic lighting, smoke, pyrotechnics and other special effects throughout.
- Your attendance at the Event confirms your consent to use Your actual or simulated likeness in all media including film, photo, audio and audio-visual for any purpose at any time throughout the world, the copyright of which is owned by the Promoter or its contractors and may be assigned to Channel 5 of its affiliates, without payment or compensation. This includes filming by the police or security staff that may be carried out for the security of customers.
- If before or during the Event You have a complaint in relation to the Event (including without limitation in relation to Your ability to view the Event), please contact the Promoter or a steward promptly since complaints are very difficult to deal with after the Event.
- Official merchandise is only available inside the Venue from official vendors and online through our official website. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for the sale of merchandise (official or otherwise) in or outside the Venue. You should direct any queries relating to merchandise to [email protected]
- To the extent permitted by law and/or with Your consent, personal information provided by You to the Promoter and/or its contractors and/or Channel 5 will be used for all purposes reasonably connected with the operation and/or marketing of the Event. All relevant UK data protection legislation will be followed in all instances where personal information is stored.
- You agree that none of Channel 5, the Promoter, their servants or agents will be liable for any loss, injury or damage to any person (including Yourself) or property however caused (including by the Promoter or its servants or agents): (a) in any circumstances unless due to the negligence of the Promoter, its servants or agents; (b) in circumstances where such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach (save for death or personal injury due to the negligence of the Promoter, its servants or agents); and/or (c) to the extent that any increase in any loss or damage results from the breach by You of any of these Terms and Conditions.
- None of Channel 5, the Promoter, their servants or agents will be liable to You for failure to perform any obligation under these Terms and Conditions to the extent that the failure is caused by Force Majeure, where Force Majeure means any cause beyond the Promoter’s control including, without limitation, an act of God, pandemic or epidemic, insurrection, war, riot, civil disturbances, acts of terrorism, fire, explosion, flood, royal mourning, national mourning, theft of essential equipment, malicious damage, strike, lock out, weather, third party injunction, national defence requirements and/or acts or regulations of national or local governments.
- None of Channel 5, the Promoter, their servants or agents will be liable to You for any indirect or consequential costs, claims, actual or alleged losses howsoever arising out of or in connection with the Event.
- None of Channel 5, the Promoter, their servants or agents will have any liability to You whatsoever for loss or expenses incurred in connection with the Event or any cancellation of the Event, including, without limitation, costs of any personal travel, accommodation or hospitality arrangements made relating to the Event.
- The Promoter shall be entitled to freely assign all and any of its rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions, provided that Your rights are not adversely affected.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the invalid or unenforceable provision shall be severed or amended in such a manner as to render the rest of the provision(s) and remainder of these Terms and Conditions valid or enforceable.
- If the Promoter delays or fails to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions it shall not mean that the Promoter has waived its right to do so.
- Other Channel 5 who may directly enforce these Terms and Conditions, any person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions shall have no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions and no action taken by You or the Promoter or Channel 5 under these Terms and Conditions shall create, or be deemed to create, a partnership, joint venture or establish a relationship of principal and agent or any other fiduciary relationship between You and/or the Promoter and/or Channel 5 .
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties in connection with entry to the Event or purchase of tickets and supersede any previous terms and conditions, agreement or arrangement between You and the Promoter relating to this subject.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall purport to exclude liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- Event age restrictions are clearly noted on tickets for the Event. Proof of Age Identification may be required when producing Your ticket upon entry. If these conditions are not met the Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry to the Event and no refund will be issued.
- Hearing protection available on site will not be suitable for young children, and must be specifically brought by parents/guardians and shown to Event staff on entry.
- Where The Event operates licensed bars, You need to be over the age of 18 to purchase alcohol at the Event. Please be aware that if we think that You look 25 years or younger You may be asked to provide proof of identification and if You are unable to do so You will not be served alcohol.
Valid proof of age:
- Current Passport
- Current UK Driver’s License or Provisional License
Plus the following cards (part of the PASS Scheme):
- VALIDATE UK
- All Tickets are sold subject to these Terms and Conditions. Purchase of any Ticket confirms Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions on Your behalf and on behalf of any person for whom You are purchasing Tickets.
- You must have a valid, unaltered, undamaged Ticket, to be admitted to the Event.
- On receipt of Your Ticket please check it carefully as mistakes cannot be corrected after purchase.
- You are solely responsible for the safe-keeping of your Ticket. We are not responsible if it is lost, damaged, stolen or destroyed.
- Ticket prices and availability are subject to change without notice.
- Each Ticket, unless otherwise specifically stated, allows the entry of one person to the Event on the day or days as shown on the Ticket.
- Tickets are personal revocable licences and remain the property of the Promoter at all times and subject to these Terms and Conditions. You may not re-sell or transfer a Ticket for any reason whatsoever. If a ticket is re-sold, transferred or advertised for profit or commercial gain or used for competitions, promotions or hospitality packages by anyone other than the Promoter, Channel 5 or an authorised sub-agent, it will become invalid and You will be refused entry to, or ejected from the Venue without refund.
- Tickets are non-refundable, non-transferrable and cannot be exchanged unless the Event is cancelled in its entirety due to Covid-19.
- Tickets are sold subject to the Promoter’s and/or Channel 5’s right to alter or vary the published Event programme, which may result in changes to the performance line-up, performance times or any other aspect of the Event. This may include in circumstances as a result of the death of a performer. The Promoter reserves all rights in this regard. In the event of a change in schedule of a performer, a non attendance of a performer or the death of a performer, customers will not be entitled to a refund.
- Some elements of the Event may be subject to a first come, first serve capacity. No refund will be issued if you are denied access to elements of the Event based on reaching maximum capacity.
- In the event of a cancellation of the entire Event due to Covid-19, we will endeavour to reschedule the Event. In the event of a cancellation of any day or days of the Event due to Covid-19, You will have the option to either transfer your ticket to an alternative day of the Event date or receive a refund (which may be partial in the event of cancelled day(s) only). These will be processed by your point of purchase.
- Tickets bought from unauthorised agents are not valid and admission may not be granted to the Event with any Ticket bought from unauthorised agents.
- If there is a death of a senior member of the Royal Family prior to or during the Event and as a result the Promoter is prevented or restricted from running the entire Event, then with regret, customers will not be entitled to a refund.
SAFETY & SECURITY
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse You entry to and/or eject You from the Event. In particular but without limitation You may be refused admission to or be removed from the Event for any of the following reasons: for health and safety or licensing reasons; if You behave in a manner which has or is likely to affect the enjoyment of other persons at the Event; if You use threatening, abusive or insulting words or mannerisms; if, in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, You are acting under the influence of alcohol or drugs; if You fail, when required, to produce proof of identity or age; if You refuse to comply with the Promoter’s security searches; if You breach these Terms and Conditions; and/or if Your Ticket is void.
- Searching is a condition of entry and readmission to the Event. The Promoter reserves the right to conduct security searches and confiscate any item which in the opinion of the Promoter (or relevant venue operator) may cause danger or disruption, be a health and safety risk, not be suitable to be taken into the Event or is one of the items not permitted in the Venue as detailed in these Terms and Conditions. Anyone found in possession of illegal substances or contraband goods will be refused admission to or ejected from the Venue and may also be liable for prosecution. Any items found that may be used in an illegal or offensive manner will be confiscated, regardless of whether or not the item itself is illegal.
- Submitting your information via the onsite QR code to NHS Test and Trace is a condition of entry to the Event.
- These Terms and Conditions may be updated as and when the government guidance changes. In this occurrence, these Terms and Conditions will be re-issued.
- There will be no admission to the Event before the designated opening times on any day of the Event.
- You must comply with any and all instructions given to You by the Promoter and/or all Venue stewards and staff at the Event.
- All guests are asked to observe and comply with safety advice, site signage and ‘No Smoking’ areas. In accordance with Smoke-Free Regulations, the indoor and tented arenas and other areas of the Event are designated ‘No Smoking’ areas. Throughout the Event, there may be nominated ‘No Smoking Areas’. These will be indicated by site signage. Normal statutory rules and regulations apply and should be observed at the Event and failure to do so may result in ejection from the Event.
- Access to arenas within the Event is subject to capacity and the Promoter accepts no liability and will not offer any Ticket refunds if You are unable to attend a specific performance due to the venue or arena being at maximum capacity. You may be required to queue, so please arrive in your selected time slot.
- Due to legal artist performance rights and royalty obligations, You cannot bring any video or audio recording equipment or any camera which is over 35mm or with a detachable lens onto the Venue site. You will not be allowed to enter the site if You bring equipment that, at the discretion of our security, infringes on these rules.
- You shall not bring all or any of the following into the Venue: fireworks, laser pens, laser equipment, animals (except assistance animals), items with an open flame (e.g. candles, barbeques gas/paraffin lamps, sky lanterns etc.), illegal substances including legal highs, your own food and drink (unless you have specific food allergies or requirements – please note food and drink will be available to purchase at the Event), bottles, cans or glass containers, or any item which the Promoter considers could be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety or which may pose a hazard or nuisance to any other person (including sharp or pointed objects such as knives), explosives, smoke canisters, aerosols, air-horns, noise makers, flares and poles, or any article(s) to be used or sold for a commercial or charitable purpose including any unofficial or official merchandise and the Promoter and its stewards shall be entitled to confiscate any such merchandise (i) being offered for sale by any person other than an official vendor; AND (ii) from any individual who has purchased such merchandise . Any person in possession of any items listed in this section will be refused entry to or ejected from the premises and will not be issued a refund. Please note that deck chairs, folding chairs will be allowed within the main arena but will not be allowed in The Barn or the Kitchen Demonstration area or any other enclosed structure or tent.
- You shall not bring into the Venue or display or distribute (whether for free or not) at the Event any sponsorship, promotional or marketing materials.
- Anti-social behaviour and illegal activities, including use, supply and possession of illegal substances will not be tolerated and You will be ejected from the Venue without refund.
- The Promoter takes the needs of customers who are disabled or who have other access requirements very seriously and actively encourages people of all abilities to attend the Event.
- The Accessibility Policies are incorporated into and form a part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Unless You have notified the Promoter of Your access requirements sufficiently in advance (which must be prior to the purchase of your tickets for the Event) we cannot guarantee that we will be able to cater to your needs, though we will use reasonable endeavours to do so.